FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing .mov files for a broadcast

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Uriarte
Playing .mov files for a broadcast
on Sep 23, 2012 at 12:55:27 am

I am a school teacher and run a small live broadcast to the school every morning. I am looking to stop using tape to play PSA's to the school. I would like to play a media file like .mov from a computer instead. I am looking at purchasing ProPresenter 5 to do this. The software is a bit more than I would like to pay and the program does a lot more than what i need it to do. It will play .mov files like I would like and you can easily line up a second video, third video, fourth video, etc and switch to it easily. This would come out using RCA cables into my switcher which then goes out to the school. Is there anything like propresenter that is cheaper to use to show video files from a computer and have it come out with RCA cables?

Any help would be appreciated

John

Return to posts index

Kevin McHale
Re: Playing .mov files for a broadcast
on Nov 15, 2012 at 3:57:36 am

John, I know you posted this a while back and you may have already found a solution, but if you have not may I suggest using something like the Western Digital Live media player. It's like having a dvd player minus the dvd. It's basically a small box with HDMI or analog(rca) out. It has a usb port and a network jack. What ever file format you feed to it, it will play. Cost around $100. I really believe it will work for what you are trying to do.

Return to posts index

John Uriarte
Re: Playing .mov files for a broadcast
on Jan 13, 2013 at 2:45:57 am

Kevin, thank you for the idea. I looked into this idea and it will not work. I did find a way though. I am using a vga to RCA and S-Video converter, AVT-3155A Scan Converter, and using powerpoint to play my videos. It works great!

John Uriarte

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]