FORUMS: list search recent posts

Online Video Storage

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pheng Vue
Online Video Storage
on Sep 19, 2012 at 11:37:21 am

I am looking for an online storage solution for video, photo, and music files. I work on several projects a year and use up GBs like crazy. I work primarily in Adobe Premiere CS6 with AVCHD footage and export my files in AVI (lagarith), MOV (DNxHD), and H.264.

I need to first upload at least 6 TB of files. This all my old stuff; past projects, library, etc. Then space for future storage. Looking for online storage solutions with unlimited storage and bandwidth if available.

Of course, I can setup a server myself and have redundant drives. However, I would rather spend my time making videos than fixing computers.

Tried Google but found sites that had a bad reputation or were too expensive. Anything that the community is using for online storage?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Online Video Storage
on Sep 19, 2012 at 1:09:07 pm

i use dropbox, although not for my video work.

The Adobe Cloud includes cloud based storage. you should check that out.

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

Pheng Vue
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:29:25 am

I looked into both of those. Dropbox offers 1 TB for $795/yr and Adobe Cloud only gives you 20 GB, which I am already a subscriber.

Dropbox is too expensive. I can get networked external storage with RAID options for much less and even less with internal setups.

I had the idea that online storage would cost less. I will continue looking and will update if I find anything.

Return to posts index

Joe Bilde
on Oct 16, 2012 at 11:17:49 pm

If you are looking for a cold storage solution, Amazon recently started their Glacier service. $0.01 per GB per month, but it is cold storage... slow up/down time and you have to pay to retrieve files. Not bad if you just want somewhere to keep your stuff, but if you need constant access to it, this won't work. I have not used the service, but I know people that use various Amazon Web Services (mostly hosting), with much success.

If you're interested: http://aws.amazon.com/glacier/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]