FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox, Pinnacle, or Canopus?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arise3
Matrox, Pinnacle, or Canopus?
on Apr 15, 2003 at 4:30:09 am

I'm somewhat new to PC editing and have been using a stand-alone unit (ScreenPlay.) I'm building a screaming machine (see below) and want to take full advantage of it. Price is a concern, but only a small one. I'm trying to stay around $1000 (under if possible.) I've done a little research on capture cards and I've found a few that seem to have most of the same features so....

My question is simple:

Matrox RT.X100, Pinnacle Pro-ONE RTDV, or Canopus DVStorm 2 and why?

I'm building a dual AMD 2400+ editing machine to run Premiere. I will primarily be burning DVD's. Nothing extremely long - the longest video I could ever see creating would be 10-15 minutes tops. Most will be between 3-5 minutes. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be GREAT! I'll keep checking back if you have any additional questions about my system and/or the tasks I will be using it for. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: Matrox, Pinnacle, or Canopus?
on Apr 15, 2003 at 3:50:41 pm

basically i'd say it's between the RTX100 or the DVStorm2. These 2 cards will take advantage of your machine. have you compared these 2 products? which features stand out? which features don't?

- Jon

Return to posts index

arise3
on Apr 15, 2003 at 3:54:08 pm

I'm somehwat concerned about compatibility issues with my MB. However I saw that "slooky" (from another post) is using the same MB I am (Asus A7M266-D Dual Athlon Motherboard )and has succes with the Matrox RT.X100. I am wondering if that is the way to go.

I did hear that the Matrox does not have it's own audio inputs. Is that true and if so is it a problem? How about compatibility with Premiere?

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on Apr 15, 2003 at 4:18:30 pm

compatibility is great w/ Premiere. if you want to capture audio w/ any of our cards, your best bet is to use your sound card and sound forge or something.

if someone else has your mobo and has the rtx100 and it all works. the rtx100 would be a great choice.

- Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]