FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conversion 8mm tapes to computer/DVD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wendy Allen
Conversion 8mm tapes to computer/DVD
on Jul 5, 2012 at 12:21:40 am

HI, hoping someone can help. I have a LOT of 8MM tapes that I want to get to my computer so I can make DVD's. Trying to make this short, but I bought a converter, and it seemed to work...except that the video was "jumpy" after capturing. So, another forum suggested that I do it with a digital recorder, (which my Father has) and get a firewire cable. Great, I thought...I got the cable, and now I see that my Father's video camera has the "mini" tapes and I have the full-size tape. I thought I could maybe use it as a "pass-through", but it it not working. I am so darn frustrated, because my Mom passed away last year and I want to save these videos of her. Any ideas? The capturing software I was using is Corel VideoStudio Pro X5. In the beginning, I thought I could use Microsoft MovieMaker, but it does not recognize the converter (Startech S-Video / Composite to USB Video Capture Cable). Any help would get GREATLY appreciated!

==Wendy

Return to posts index

dyno media
Re: Conversion 8mm tapes to computer/DVD
on Jul 6, 2012 at 3:57:06 am

If you have an event approaching, and want to ensure that your professional photos captured from the event are of great quality, please contact us.
We cover all kinds of events, such as: annual company meetings, company social events, conferences, and even corporate training sessions. We will go the extra mile to ensure your photos are amazing and all the requirements are met.
Wedding Videography

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]