FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camcorder selection $5k-6k budget

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Reiss
Camcorder selection $5k-6k budget
on Jul 2, 2012 at 6:39:12 am

I'd like to buy two camcorders for two projects: an interview setup and a cooking demonstration with one main fixed camera and a mobile camera. I have some lighting (lowel tungsten), lightstands, tripods, etc.

So, the $5000 would mostly be for two cameras and audio. I am not against tape based flow. I want image quality suitable for professional appearance on flat screen tv. Possibly, prefer 3 CCD from what I have seen about CMOS. Not opposed to used gear.

Other cameras I have: Canon's HF s200 (but I have been disappointed in image quality) and 60D with various lenses including 28mm f1.8 and 50 mm f 1.8. But my attempts to use 60D somewhat clunky. It could however serve as the fixed camera in which case my cost would be lowered by one camcorder.

Candidate cameras viewed on line have been canon xa 10, jvc HM 100/150, canon xha1, nex vg20

If I can leverage what I have, I think the sony pmw ex1r (used for under 5K) might be a consideration. Media quite expensive however.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
Re: Camcorder selection $5k-6k budget
on Aug 8, 2012 at 6:07:47 pm

I would suggest that whatever you do you get two of the same cameras to insure that your images match and you are not spending time in post trying to match images from two different cameras.

If the Canon 60D works for you, get another 60D. My personal experience is with the Canon XH-A1, but you might be hard pressed to get two with the budget considerations that you have outlined.

Two Canon Vixia HV40s would work, I think, and leave you plenty of room in your budget for other production items. In fact any two of the higher end "consumer" Canons, JVCs, Panasonics or Sonys would do the job. Taking that approach, you would spend approx $3k max for the two cameras.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]