FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox annouces RT.X100 Extreme!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zakaria
Matrox annouces RT.X100 Extreme!
on Apr 7, 2003 at 3:29:08 pm

Check out the Matrox web site, and drool!

All you RT.X100 owners will soon enjoy all the cool new feature of the new software.

Cheers,
Shlooky

----------

<*>Dual AMD MP 2000
<*>Asus A7M266-D
<*>Premiere 6.5
<*>Matrox RT.X100

Return to posts index

bfulover
Re: Matrox annouces RT.X100 Extreme!
on May 1, 2003 at 4:38:18 am

Does the RTX.100 utilize dual processors?

Return to posts index

John Q
on May 2, 2003 at 2:32:50 am

Yes and No. Premiere 6.5 uses dual processors well for things that have to be rendered. Most video with the X100 does not have to be rendered. I typically edit two camera video, do realtime color correction to match the video, and simple cuts and dissolves between sources. The only thing I render is rolling credits, although there's a workaround I could use to do that without rendering. It's just that with a dual Athlon 2100, I don't care that it takes a minute to render the rolling credit.

Transcoding my DV for DVD is done realtime using a combination of the X100 hardware and the Ligos GoMotion engine. Dual cpu's don't help here.

DVD authoring via DVDit also does not support dual cpu's at this time.

Some special effects software, like After Effects, does use duals.

If all you're going to do is capture and edit video and burn DVD's, you don't really need duals.

Return to posts index

Zakaria
on May 6, 2003 at 4:13:35 am

Actually YES!

Xtreme does utilize both CPU big time, check this out...

With dual cpus I am able to playback 4 video layers, each video layer contains a colour correction and a PiP, plus a 5th graphic layer static without any effects all in realtime!!!!

If I boot up my machine to single CPU, I cannot playback those layers in realtime anymore, this goes to show that Xtreme is Xtremely scalable and takes advantage of your Dual CPU system

One thing to note...

If you exceed the realtime abilities of the RT.X100 you will get the red render line in Premiere, but that doesn't mean you cannot playback that rendered clip or scrub out to TV :)

Like I said above, 4 video layers plus a graphic!!!!!

Now that is cool!

Regards,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]