FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I connect a Sony BetaCam PVW2800 to transfer Betas

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Bell
How do I connect a Sony BetaCam PVW2800 to transfer Betas
on Mar 1, 2012 at 3:02:47 am

I do so apologize for being such a noobie, but I have a working and nice Sony Beta PVW 2800 that I would like to use for transferring quite a lot of betas to ultimately DVD. The S video connector doesn't seem to be a standard size, since none of my S video cables fit. I keep reading about BNC and SDI and I am totally confused. I don't need these to be HD, just good quality, no loss of quality. Can someone hold my hand and let me know the correct procedure? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Roger Watling
Re: How do I connect a Sony BetaCam PVW2800 to transfer Betas
on Aug 21, 2012 at 4:15:14 am

The SDI is the best way to connect if you have a box like the Matrox 02 or Black magic. If the 2800 has that.

Secondly, if there are RGB or component outs (Y U V) then again most of the boxes above will handle that.

BNC is the the kind of bayonet connector that is used as a standard video connector in TV.

With SDI the audio is often embedded with the video of not then it's a separate connector. Last resort is the composite out as that has all the colour and black and white signals mashed together (this was how it used to be done in the old days)

Old editors never die, we simply fade to black

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]