FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ram use in video editing

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Wrobel
Ram use in video editing
on Nov 16, 2011 at 10:19:11 am

Hi, new here, and in video editing. I'm using Serif Movie Plus X5 right now as a beginner. When I export my project's to burn to blu-ray I notice that my ram usage only goes to around 2.6GB, while my i7 2600K cpu runs between 85-93% all threads. I read that you need 2GB/core for good editing. I'm not using that. Am I doing something wrong so my system won't or can't use max ram? So far my projects use a video track,audio track,transitions,and title text. I have 16GB ram and a Asus GTX 560 Ti Top gpu. Also,is there anyplace I can get info to better understand the ins and outs of video editing for those like me who are getting started? I've read all I can find on your web site "the video guy's", but I don't understand some of the concepts you talk about as like I say, I'm new to this. Thank you for your time....Ed

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Ram use in video editing
on Nov 16, 2011 at 3:55:58 pm

our recommendation for 2GB per core is based on our more professional video editing products - Premiere, Vegas, Avid etc. They can access more RAM.

Many low end consumer titles that can't take advantage of more RAM.

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]