FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which MPEG2 Encoder Card?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
svastic
Which MPEG2 Encoder Card?
on Mar 25, 2003 at 5:09:59 pm

I intend to move from VCD to DVD encoding, Which encoder card should I buy? Currently I am using an Optibase 100s for my VCD encoding and my customers are happy with the quality. I tried using my Pro-One and DV- Storm 2 to encode but video with alots of movement seems to have some kind of trails/jerky. I prefer a real time card as I encode at least 6 hours of video everyday. I was advised by a vendor to buy the Optibase 200s Full D1 VBR + Composer software.. the price is around USD6000!. Has anyone used this card? Are there any other cards that can be considered? Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
svastic

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Which MPEG2 Encoder Card?
on Mar 28, 2003 at 4:04:47 pm

Hi there
I use the Matrox RTX100 for doing realtime transfer to DVD and I am very impressed with the quality. I used to use the adobe MPEG encoder built into premier 6.5 as it seemed to do very good quality but now I use my Matrox as it gives just as good quality (maybe even better) and in 1/4 of the time. You should look into this card and see if it meets your expectations. Also make sure you check out the system requirements as they are quite specific about what you need. Anyways just thought you should check out this card.
Have a great day, good luck!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

svastic
Re: Which MPEG2 Encoder Card?
on Mar 29, 2003 at 4:53:47 pm

Hai Brent,

I am quite sceptical about the matrox card. I have had very bad experience with the matrox RT2500. It never worked (Video would become slow motion during capture and Premiere would crash the momment I tried to do titles.)I didnt get much help from the tech guys from here (Malaysia).I am not saying the card is bad. Its just that my experience is a bad one.

I already have 2 Pinnacle Pro-Ones and a Canopus DV Storm 2 which I use to do all my editing. Brent, I may consider the RTX100 as my 4th editing card if my business gets better.

I prefer to have a stand alone encoder and my choice is either the Sonic SD 500 or the Optibase 200S full D1 with composer. Has anyone any idea about these cards? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

regards,
svastic

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]