FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which computer monitor to buy?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Costis Papadopoulos
Which computer monitor to buy?
on Sep 29, 2011 at 9:40:14 am

Hi

I am new to video editing but I am an audio professional for at least 10 years. Recently I've decided to create a video editing suite mainly for adverts. Here in Greece budgets are small and the production companies are trying to create adverts as cheap as possible in order to keep up with the competition. I believe that there is some room in the market for an inexpensive editing facility that does the job.

I am looking to buy two relatively inexpensive computer monitors with efficient specs in order for a client with his own editor to be able to work.

I am thinking of 2 23" Dell U2311H monitors. I have done a thorough research, bearing in mind my inexperience in the field, and I think that they will do the job. The sales person from a respectable shop told me that editors prefer 24" but I am not convinced since Dell's 2410 is double the money.

I mainly going to be working in HD. I know that the specs are just not good enough for broadcast colors thats why I will only have the suite just for editing. Although with the budgets around the requirements seem to drop.

Please, advise me if this is a good move or should I be looking for something else? Does the Dell 24" make such a dramatic difference that this will have an effect to my clientele or in the beginning of this operation I am doing the right move?

Thank you

Costis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]