FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem converting Mini DV tape to PC

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lala Limpo
Problem converting Mini DV tape to PC
on Sep 29, 2011 at 7:13:39 am

HI, I'm new here. I'm hoping someone from this forum might be able to give some light to my dilemma.

Yesterday I bought a second hand sony video cam DCR-HC20. My reason for buying was to use it as playback converter and rewinder for mini-dv tapes that were recorded from Sony P2 camera. The result of the video conversion was so frustrating...the video and audio flickers and has gaps even while viewing it in my computer.

I tried using this second hand videocam and connect it to the Sony VRD MC5 recorder..the result was the same...

But if I shoot using a blank dv and record it in this second hand camera the result was fine even in all the conversion that I did. I wonder if it has something to do with the compatibility of P2 cam and the old sony cams.

Is there some way to convert my dv tapes using this second hand camera...am I doing it right? or should I sell this and look for another converter / rewinder?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Problem converting Mini DV tape to PC
on Sep 30, 2011 at 2:07:27 pm

does your P2 cam have firewire output? If it does you can capture via any cheap firewire card into your PC.

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

Lala Limpo
Re: Problem converting Mini DV tape to PC
on Sep 30, 2011 at 3:10:00 pm

Thank for your advise. Yes, we do have a firewire output but we prefer not to use it for playback because we are worried to damage the P2 head for frequent transfer / conversion of tapes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]