FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended capture card for under $500?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Beasley
Recommended capture card for under $500?
on Sep 27, 2011 at 8:30:50 am

Hi Videoguys

Can anyone suggest a decent capture/interface card for under approx. $500? (or £400, I'm in UK PAL land).

It's for an Intel Imac running Final Cut Pro 7 on Snow Leopard. I'm putting together a basic edit suite for our university department.

Requirements would be:
Analogue and digital video i/o
HD video i/o
If possible perhaps it could power another computer display? (in addition to video out to broadcast monitor)

I know there have been other posts about capture cards but I couldn't fund an up to date one with these specifics.

Much thanks already in advance!

Ben

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Recommended capture card for under $500?
on Sep 27, 2011 at 2:40:17 pm

If you have a new iMac with thunderbolt the Matrox MXO2 Mini with Thunderbolt is an excellent choice. The Mini is $449, the thunderbolt adapter is $99 more.

if you do not have thunderbolt, then you can't add a capture card becuase the iMac does not have any slots or expansion ports.

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

Ben Beasley
Re: Recommended capture card for under $500?
on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:19:18 pm

Hi Gary - thanks for your swift response

Ahh - schoolboy error, it's an old imac of course no card slots..
Is there not a firewire card that you could recommend, or is this going over my budget?

On the plus side, a new Imac is one of our options in building the suite (if the money comes through..), so thanks for your recommendation. We could also possibly stretch to a Mac Pro (if all the money comes through..) so do you have any thoughts on a decent card for that?

Sorry - I realise I'm now asking two more questions.

Many Thanks
Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]