FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to join 2 mp4 files, without re-enconding and without the "microcut" between them?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Dolz
How to join 2 mp4 files, without re-enconding and without the "microcut" between them?
on Aug 29, 2011 at 4:15:39 am

Hello,
I've been editing videos in SONY VEGAS (although my question is not about SONY VEGAS) it is just about which utily could I use to join videos.
Large videos, sometimes makes my computer be out of memory, so my SONY VEGAS sometimes tell me that error, out of memory.
So the solution I tried to find is...
Instead rendering the whole project... rendering the project in parts
So let's imagine we have a video of 10 mins ok?
We do 2 parts of 5 mins, and we render the 2 parts separately.
5 mins each one.
Okay.
When rendering every part, OF COURSE, I take care of creating a region, and controlling frame per frame. Why? of course to avoid the frame 20 jump to the frame 24... in that case you will notice the jump (a microcut).
So let's imagine I divided a video called mymovie.mp4 which has 500 frames in 2 videos...
mymovie_part1.mp4 (begin at frame 1 end at frame 250)
and
mymovie_part2.mp4 (begin at frame 251 and it ends at frame 251)

Okay.
The frames are consecutive... so every thing is fine until here, and I have 2 files of maximum quality.
Because my computer is low of memory, of course, I was unable to render both files at once, so I had to do this, separating my project, in two different files.
Now the adventure is, how do we join them... without re-enconding (to avoid lose quality) and without noticing a "microcut" between them?
I tried several utilities to do this...
Avidemux is one of the... Boilsoft Video Joiner... but all these utilities, always, create a microcut when joining the videos.
Yes, they join the videos, but you observe a cut between them of around 20 or 30 milliseconds. It's very tiny, yes, but the result is not professional at all.
So I need an utility that do the task perfectly, a perfect join, without recoonding and without cuts.
Which utility do you recommend me ?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]