FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tagging Video Clips, Searchable Catalog

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eckhardt Stassens
Tagging Video Clips, Searchable Catalog
on Aug 11, 2011 at 7:59:01 pm

Hello Videoguys, Aloha,
may this find you all at best health, in a happy spirit and very inspired in your creative work.

My task is archiving hundreds of hours of historical footage, mainly of lectures and educational talks, which were recorded between 1982 and 1999. With that material we want then create video documentaries and educational videos on selected topics, supporting the message shown with clips from the historical lectures and talks. Now, in order to find easily passages out of those hundreds of hours of footage, I need to watch every minute of them and create a database, or something like that, with keywords accompanied by the timecode. Then, I want to be able to search those keywords and find the clip and timecode where the keywords have been spoken about. Of course, that has to include offline files, as well.

Does anybody have a suggestion as to which program or procedure I could employ to achieve this?

Thank you,
Eckhardt

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Tagging Video Clips, Searchable Catalog
on Aug 11, 2011 at 8:11:06 pm

Avid Media composer with Phrase find plug-in. This technology will actually turn all your dialog into a searchable database!

http://www.videoguys.com/Item/Avid+PhraseFind+for+Media+Composer/1303D26353...

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

Eckhardt Stassens
Re: Tagging Video Clips, Searchable Catalog
on Aug 11, 2011 at 11:33:19 pm

Thank you. I should have mentioned that I am working with the Adobe CS 5.5 Master Suite, although I do not object to using other software if needed.

Then, I think Premiere Pro has a feature, too, where every spoken word can be transformed into text. I did not get to try that out. However, in our case the spoken words are mostly Bengali language, some English, with a lot of terminology and Sanskrit and Old Bengali scriptural references quoted. For that reason I have not even ventured to try the speach-to-text feature yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]