FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Some Advise

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bodego
Need Some Advise
on Aug 5, 2011 at 10:27:13 pm

Hello, I am about to buy the Sony NX5U mainly because as a web developer many of my clients have developed "Video" demands that I could no longer ignore. With Youtube it seems every new and existing client I have want to do a video about their services. I have decided then to offer this service and the NX5U is right in my budget. What I would love from you pros here is what other equipment do I need to buy to have a good start at my new services. My clients range from (Cosmetics manufacturers, Sports Organizations, Churches and Software Distributors). I have the software side taken care of with Final Cut Pro, After effects and Premier. I need advise on the following

(1) Lighting
(2) Audio
(3) Microphones
(4) Miscellaneous

Thanks in Advance, I would very much appreciate your feedback.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Need Some Advise
on Aug 8, 2011 at 1:38:54 pm

For lighting you really want to make sure you have at least a 3-point lighting system. Keylight, background and fill. I know outfits like B&H and Adorama sell complete studio light kits from the leading lighting vendors. These kits can also include stands, gels and reflectors. The COW has a dedicated lighting forum http://forums.creativecow.net/lightingdesignpros you can also find some very good tutorials/ videos on the web.

For audio we have many of our pros going to field recorders. Devices like the Zoom H4N or Roland R-44. These allow you to digitally record audio from multiple mics. You can then use PluralEyes software to automatically sync all the external audio to the cameras main audio.

For wired mics the Shure SM58 is the "go to" mic for vocals and narration. It can we used wired, USB or with their wireless solutions. If you are looking for an on camera wireless receiver we recommend the Azden 310 and 330 series for professional use.

That should give you a good starting place. Hopefully some more Pros will chime in with their own favorite gear recommendations.

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
Re: Need Some Advise
on Aug 8, 2011 at 4:53:59 pm

Thanks Gary, this is an excellent starting point for us, I would make a list and so the research.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]