FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Impression Error When Creating a DVD with Subtitles

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Dinda
Pinnacle Impression Error When Creating a DVD with Subtitles
on Mar 16, 2011 at 7:57:59 pm

Hi All,

Does anybody out there use Pinnacle Impression DVD Pro (v 2.2.2)? I just obtained it, and I am trying to get it to create a DVD with Subtitles. Unfortunately, an error occurs just before the image is created (after the muxing stage of the DVD build process occurs).

I added the subtitle text file to the timeline (per the user manual), and clicked the Build DVD command. Impression starts the mux process, and the progress bar goes to 100%, but then the following error message appears:
"DVD engine ran out of memory. Try restarting Impression or closing all open applications to free up more memory."

This problem is only happening when I have Subtitles in the DVD. If I remove the subtitle file from the timeline, I can then build the DVD image without problem.

The actual bitmap files I created are 8-bit (256 color) bitmaps, as the manual specifies. The text file I created (to specify what subtitle appears when) also adheres to the format specified in the user manual.

The same problem occurs on a HP/Compaq d220 Pentium 4 machine running Windows XP (1024 MB RAM) and a Dell Dimension XPS-T500 Pentium 3 machine running Windows 2000 (392 MB RAM).

Does anybody know what is going on here, and how I can fix it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]