FORUMS: list search recent posts

RT2000 & Premiere 6.5 good match or not?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian414
RT2000 & Premiere 6.5 good match or not?
on Feb 28, 2003 at 8:59:25 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry if this subject has been covered before (perhaps several times). I've been reading through several forums and seem to get conflicting information. I'm not a professional, in fact I barely have had a chance to use my system, but am planning on getting into this hobby quite a bit more. Before I invest the time and potential $ in getting my system up to speed I wanted to get some qualified opinions.

Along with the above, my configuration is; dual PIII 866, 1GB RD RAM & UW SCSI drives.

I've been considering getting rid of my RT 2000, upgrading my video board to say an ATI All-in-one 9700 and a firewire card. I was thinking of just using the RT cababilities of Premeire 6.5 and using the ATI for analog capture (when I need to do that which isn't very often). The ATI card would also be for fun (i.e. games, TV). Another option would be to get a video card w/o capture capabilies like a GEFORCE 4 TI4200 and a Canopus ADVC-100 for video capture.

Am I crazy? Are both of these ideas downgrades for video editing, is the RT2000 still a great solution? Are there any advantages to using the RT2000 w/Premiere 6.5 or should I stay w/6.0?

I appreciate your advice, please don't flame to too much! ;-)

Thanks,
Brian414

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: RT2000 & Premiere 6.5 good match or not?
on Mar 2, 2003 at 2:24:18 pm

The Rt2000 was a great card and it still offers some fantastic features and performance. With a dual processor system you want to check out the new Canopus DV Raptor2 or a maybe software based NLE solution like Edition or Vegas Video.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Jake
by
on Mar 2, 2003 at 2:30:41 pm

Gary,

Thanks for the Heads-up.

I've posted my setup in the "Beginner's" section with a related question. I have a laptop! Maybe you could answer my other post.

Mucho Gracious!

Jake

Return to posts index

Brian414
on Mar 3, 2003 at 7:36:04 pm

Thanks Gary,

Just curious as to why you seem to suggest Edition or Vegas Video over Premiere. Isn't Premiere dual processor cabaple?

Thanks again,
Brian

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 3, 2003 at 7:55:18 pm

I do not recommend Premeire w/o a hardware accelerator card. Add an RTX.100 or DV Storm2 card and Premiere delivers incredible performance. Without one of these boards it isn't very powerful at all.

Vegas, XDV and Edition are 100% software solutions that benefit from dual processors to deliver even better performance.

Gary

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

lumaret
on Apr 15, 2003 at 5:31:12 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question. But I am a bit puzzled.
Gary, why didn't you recommend any of the Pinacle cards ? like the DVD1000 or DVD 2000. Something else, will the Pinacle Pro One also work for accelerating Premiere ? Or is ProOne used for something different ?
I apologize again, but I am trying to enter into this Video Technology, and as more I read and study, the more confuse I get.
I will apreciate any reply.
L

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Apr 15, 2003 at 2:06:16 pm

The DC1000, DV1000 & even the DV500 and Pro-one were good cards whose time has come & gone. The pro-One RTDV is a good choice as well. It's pinnacles latest and greatest premiere accelerator.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]