FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATI Video Card

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stanjan21
ATI Video Card
on Feb 26, 2003 at 5:32:03 am

I am going to buy ATI All-IN-WONDER 9700 Pro Video card. Is anybody has experience with this card. Any comments welcome.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: ATI Video Card
on Mar 12, 2003 at 5:40:26 am

Hi there
I don't have any experience with that card, but I do own an ATI radeon 8500 and love it. I have had no problems with this card and when the time comes to upgrade I will definatley buy another ATI. It works great for editing (although I wouldn't recommend using it as your primary capture device, use a pyro firewire card or another card of some sorts) and it also handles 3d graphics and games very well and makes playing games smooth and a joy. The only reason I wouldn't recommend it for you primary capture device is: 1: I'm not too sure if you can access it to capture from inside a editing program such as premiere. 2. I'm not too sure if it can capture in fully uncompressed video.
I am not too sure about these things I have listed, who knows it could capture fine in premiere and fully uncompressed, I'm not too fermiliar with that card, but these are a few things you should look into if that is what you are planning for the card. If it doesn't do these things I would suggest getting a ATI 9700 Pro but not the all in wonder (think you'll save quite a bit of money) and invest in a different card specifically for video capture. Good luck with you decision, hope you find the answers to the questions.
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]