FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quadro 4000 Multiple Monitor Problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Volzer
Quadro 4000 Multiple Monitor Problem
on Dec 18, 2010 at 6:12:34 am

Hello Everyone,

I just built a new pc following the DIY, I got everything working except for the dual monitors. My GPU is a PNY Quadro 4000. It has two Display Port outs and a DVI out. What I'm wondering is are both of my monitors (Dual Dell M992 Monitors) going to be able to be used with the card or will I need one or two new monitors.

Here is the current situation. The computer sees both monitors. Both show up in the Hardware Manager. Both show up in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Everything says that both are working okay. I can move the mouse over to the second screen and move windows over to the second screen, but nothing actually appears on the second screen. It stays black. The first screen is connected to the DVI port. I've tried the second screen connected to both of the Display Port outs. Also if I connect the second screen to the DVI Port it works. If I connect the first screen to the Display Port out it also doesn't work.

Here is how the displays are connected. Both monitors have VGA outs. One is connected to the DVI port with a VGA to DVI adapter. The second is connected to Display Port by using the Display port to DVI D cable that came with the card then DVI D to DVI cable then a DVI to VGA adapter that connects to the VGA out on the Monitor.

My question is will this card even work with these two monitors or should I buy new monitors or is there probably a problem with one of these adapters or is there something that I can change in the software setup?

My Specs:

ASUS P6X58D-E

Intel Quad Core i7 930

Antec Nine Hundred Two Black ATX Case

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W

12 GB Corsair XMS 3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Vista 64 Ultimate.

I've updated to all the latest drivers.

Quadro 4000

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]