FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Nvidia Quadro 4000 or Dual Intel Xeon X5650 CPU

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
3Ddzyner
Dual Nvidia Quadro 4000 or Dual Intel Xeon X5650 CPU
on Dec 14, 2010 at 6:49:55 pm

Spending next year learning and critiquing where to specialize. Will be doing video editing and 3D animation using Adobe Master Suite with After Effects, Lightwave, 3ds Max, Maya, and zBrush. Will be doing engineering in 3D CAD, simulation, analysis, and animation using Autodesk, Solidarity, CATIA, and 3DVia w/rendering. With most background in 3D engineering and where I still make my living, the build needs to lean that way but I also need the system to handle creating 30 minute video shorts and creating game type graphic animation.

Gigabyte, the first non-Asus board I bought died after 2.5 years so I expect to stay with Asus but with Asus boards I can't have both dual GPU's and Dual CPU's.

There are advantages of duals so relating to the various types of software I will use and considering I don't like jerky video or waiting for visual results, which of the following formats is likely to be best for the most different software's?
1) dual Quadro 4000 GPU's and one Xeon X5650 CPU
2) dual Quadro 4000 GPU's and one i7 970 or 980X CPU
3) single Quado 4000 GPU and Dual Xeon X5650 CPU's

Which ever set up, I can't buy both of any dual for a few months so big $ single GPU with big $ single CPU is not an option either. I'd also like opinions from anybody with long term experience with other motherboard companies other than "Giveabite out of my wallet".

Addtionally, I plan on large SAS boot drive, external RAID 5, and 12GB RAM.

No setup is best for all software but I believe there is a setup that's good for the majority leaning one way. When I grow up and decide what I want to do for the rest of my life, I'll better focus the build. In the mean time I welcome all input.

Thanks videoguys & gals.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]