FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old system fried: New system and ATI Compatibility.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Schnitt
Old system fried: New system and ATI Compatibility.
on Feb 21, 2010 at 1:11:55 am

Well I had a DIY system built to Video Guys specs, I think it was the DIY 5?? I built it about 3-4 years ago was a Core 2 duo system for video editing. The 220mm fan on the case on the side stopped working and I didn't know it. I smelled something burning and reached down and found the case almost to hot to touch. Now, it runs, but when I start bogging it down with tasks it slows down to a crawl. I think I partially fried the CPU or a chip set or something. Not knowing what I did, it is not worth trying to fix or upgrade. I can always use it as a storage unit for files.

So now I am building a new machine. Again looking at the DIY 7 specs. My question is about ATI and Avid products. What is the deal with compatibility. I have Xpress Pro and Liquid 7. Liquid 7 (as I remember) ran fine with an ATI card, however, Xpress Pro did not an error would pop up when I started the program. Is there still a compatibility problem with Xpress Pro, or the newer Media Composer and ATI cards"?? Will it still work ok with the ATI cards, or do you really need the Nvidia cards??

This will not be a dedicated system, that is why I ask. I would like to upgrade to Media Composer, but may fall back on Liquid 7 if there are issues with ATI graphics cards.

Thx in advance.

Schnitt

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Old system fried: New system and ATI Compatibility.
on Feb 22, 2010 at 1:31:43 pm

why not go to the manufacturer's website and find the answer. most of them have a compatibility chart. find the version you are using or plan to use and see what they say. or contact them directly via phone.

Return to posts index

Schnitt
on Feb 22, 2010 at 7:49:32 pm

Yep I did. I just wanted to find out if there was a work around. There isn't. I'm going with the DIY 7 project. It should ROCK!

Thx.

Curtis

Return to posts index

Jcschild
on Feb 24, 2010 at 5:21:21 pm

with MC its best to have nvidia, however that error still pops up as they have not updated their "approved" cards in a long while.
clicking ignore makes it go away and all is well. so no no ATI for MC

Scott
ADK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]