FORUMS: list search recent posts

software resolution

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zee
software resolution
by
on Jan 18, 2003 at 5:59:52 am

the capture software im running right now wont display better then 720x576 for streaming S-Video and im looking to find something better, preferably capture at 1024x768 or at the very least 800x600

any suggestions? much thanks.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: software resolution
on Jan 18, 2003 at 5:21:13 pm

Hi there
Digital Video is 720 by 480 so any program you get will only be able to capture at 720 by 480 max for DV.

Return to posts index

zee
by
on Jan 23, 2003 at 8:32:21 pm

well, im bringing s-video into my card from my xbox so i can play it on my monitor, so i was expecting a much better resolution

i know there are direct vga attachments for the xbox but i already had the s-video in so i figured a good piece of streaming software would be all i needed

thanks

Return to posts index

newguy
on Feb 2, 2003 at 3:04:19 pm

Hi,
"1024x768" Cool what is that ?
why you need more resolution for capturing movie ? is it the resolution of the monitor ? Cool
it's useless.

Return to posts index

zee
by
on Feb 3, 2003 at 12:01:25 am

1024x768 is the optimal resolution of my monitor, so when im streaming in from s-video at 640x480 or whatever low setting the software will capture, the picture only occupies half or 3 quarters of my screen.
some software "stretches" the stream to fit the monitor but this obviously degrades picture, im still looking for any piece of software that has a higher resolution capture.

the XBOX will display at 480i, 480p, and 1080i (p=progressive, i=interlaced), but im not sure what the maximum resolution this translates to for viewing on my monitor

any help or insite would be great, perhaps this is as good as it will get but so far no one has been able to tell me that for sure

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]