FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with PP CS4 issue

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pneffkell
Help with PP CS4 issue
on Jan 13, 2010 at 3:35:22 pm

I am having an wierd problem with PP CS4. I have a 30 minute HDV timeline laid out and but any time I want to render it the system runs to about 15% and locks up without any error codes at all. It should not be a system issue as my system is as follows

dual xeon quad core processors
Quatro FX 1700 video card
With a big power supply and 8 gigs of memory running on windows 7 64bit

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Help with PP CS4 issue
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:57:15 am

I use Cineform NeoScene with Premiere Pro CS4 and don't render my HDV video anymore. You can download the trial version from http://www.cineform.com/. You will have to use NeoScene to convert the source video files into cineform intermediate, CFI AVI. Then you can right-click on each source video file in the project window and select "replace footage" with the cineform files. You'll notice a yellow or red bar above the video in the timelines. Just ignore it. Open a project in Encore and import the edited timelines from Premiere Pro. Let Encore do your transcoding after you've finished your bd-r/dvd project. After you're convinced you like Cineform, you use it to directly download the video from your camcorder. It will convert the HDV to CFI on the fly. It automatically does scene detection and splits your video into separate files, scene by scene, which doesn't work for me with PP. The downside is your video will typically take 4 times more disc space. The upside is that PP has no trouble playing back CFI video.

If you like it, Videoguys sells it for $99.95.

Return to posts index

pneffkell
on Jan 14, 2010 at 1:57:47 pm

Have it and have tried it both ways. With Cineform files and without. either way it just locks up during render.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:49:42 am

When I do my editing, I use standard HDV settings, 1440x1080i @ 29.97 fps. I found Premiere is much happier if you edit at the actual resolution of the source video.

And with Cineform, you don't need to render the video.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Jan 16, 2010 at 10:30:52 pm

take a look at your timeline at that point. you may have a corrupted file or render. Try just rendering a minute of your timeline, at about the point you crash.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]