FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering for a PC and Mac audience

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Intelli32
Rendering for a PC and Mac audience
on Nov 26, 2009 at 9:27:39 pm

Hi everyone and thank you Videoguys for an awesome site! I have already learned so much and I am eager to learn even more.

I would like to know if there is any suitable video format that can be played on PC (Windows) and Mac (OS X) computers by default. By default meaning without having to install a bunch of codecs and mediaplayers.

I have found that .mov files can be played rather easy on both platforms but on Windows you have to get the Quicktime player. What I don't like about this format, is the large output file size.

I would love to hear your professional opinion on this aswell as any other user with some experience.

Take care!

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Rendering for a PC and Mac audience
on Nov 27, 2009 at 5:57:26 am

The only format that is playable on both without installing other codecs is a Video DVD. Both macs and pcs come with dvd player software.

The only other middle ground is a flash video file, although both macs and pcs require a flash player codec to be installed. This is probably why youtube has standardized on flash, as there's a player available for just about everything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]