Need PC for Editing, Word files and Internet

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LP
Need PC for Editing, Word files and Internet
by
on Nov 18, 2009 at 6:38:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a bit of a noob so please be understanding. I have an old PC with XP and Pinnacle Studio 8 which has been serviceable, but now I want to upgrade. I also do music editing with Soundforge which I do not need to upgrade, but will need a good burner and software (though the Roxio I have *is* serviceable) and I need a VHS input for converting my tapes into digitally editable images. I also want to access the internet and created and store Word files.

My main dilemma is that a while back I began converting my old VHS tapes to DVD and threw away many of the original VHS tapes. Now I want to go back and edit the material that I have on DVD only but when I rip it to my HDD using the DVD Decrypter I have, they become VOB files which my Pinnacle Studio 8 does not recognize! So I cant edit them. I want to buy a system that will have programs for ripping and editing these DVDs and VHSs I have as well as being able to access the internet, create Word files and burn CDRs.

Last time I tried to do this on my own I did not get the optimal system, so this time I have sought out your expert advice. Does such a PC even exist as a RTG unit???

thanx in advance,
LP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]