FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do ya think CS5 with have more accessible CUDA?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Riemer
Do ya think CS5 with have more accessible CUDA?
on Oct 30, 2009 at 7:09:51 pm

I am currently using CS3 and want to upgrade soon but with my new DIY7 Build on the horizon I am trying to narrow down my video card. Do I go with Nvidia for Cuda support and hope CS5 opens the door for full CUDA Support or save a little money and go ATI.

Hey Videoguys...Have you heard any little birdy's chirping in the woods about this?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Do ya think CS5 with have more accessible CUDA?
on Dec 2, 2009 at 1:48:19 am

Technology Sneek Peek: Adobe® Mercury Playback Engine

Lets start with the big, bold, brash, brazen, big-time, blow-your-mind (are there any other 'big' adjectives I've missed?) statement about the Adobe® Mercury Playback Engine: It is a game changer.

Haven't heard about the Mercury Playback engine yet? Good - Read on!

Let's start with the back-story or history on the Adobe Mercury Playback engine. Back at IBC in September, the show happened in Amsterdam and while Adobe was there talking about several things including Adobe Story - over at the NVIDIA booth, we were showing a technology preview with quiet undertones. It didn't have the name Mercury and it wasn't even really the big thing we were showing. However, John at FXGuide was over there and among several other tidbits, included Adobe in a podcast that he did over at the show. A month crawls along and during that time, the podcast starts to get some mentions in various forums and chatter amongst the creative crowd... People start to get excited about the possibilities and ask questions. Here's the high bandwidth version for your viewing pleasure.

Let me be clear before I go any further: This is a technology demo only and while Adobe is very excited, it’s not something that is available now in CS4 nor are we commenting about exactly when it will make an appearance. Now, back to our regularly scheduled exciting blog post...

http://www.videoguys.com/Blog/E/Technology+Sneek+Peek+Adobe+Mercury+Playbac...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]