FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help I need to upgrade and maybe change formats

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kmaultsby
Help I need to upgrade and maybe change formats
on Sep 12, 2009 at 6:41:01 pm

Hello everyone this has been awhile but I need some serious help. Let me start from the top. I want to purchase AVCHD camcorder soon to get away from tape base media. Now with that I have been editing with Final Cut studio for the past three years and before that Avid Liquid 7. Editing on both was not a problem for me. Now with my Mac is a power Mac G5 2.3 duel with 4 gigs of memory. My old PC which I used to edit using Liquid 7 was a home build PC Pentium 4 with 2gigs of memory. My family PC is a new Dell with i7 processor with 6 gigs of memory. I really do not want to use this computer because I don’t want to tie it up when other family members want to use it. So you see the problem that I have. First of all in order to edit AVCHD and transfer it to BluRay I would need a more powerful PC or an Intel Mac. I do home, and family videos, air shows, photo slides show light pro consumer stuff. Here is were I am at. I was looking a Sony Vegas but coming off Final Cut Studio and using things like Motion and Soundtrack Pro I am not sure I would be happy with Vegas. I look hard at Adobe CS4 it looks like it has everything I would need. Final Cut Studio 3 but is does not have true blu-ray authoring like CS4 dose. Here are my choices build a PC myself or purchase another PC or purchase a Mac the thing about purchase another Mac that is going to be at least twenty four hundred dollars along. Oh is an iMac powerful enough to handle FCP-3 or Adobe Cs4? I am trying to come up with the most cost effective upgrade path. Any suggestions? Laughing

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Help I need to upgrade and maybe change formats
on Sep 20, 2009 at 1:18:48 am

I have CS4 and still having problems getting blu-ray to happen. It maybe because I installed it on a win7 beta/RC 64bit.
adobe was no help since it is beta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]