FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox: RT.X100 & RT.X10 VfW capture drivers..

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Stetler
Matrox: RT.X100 & RT.X10 VfW capture drivers..
on Jan 10, 2003 at 6:10:56 pm

Matrox has released Video for Windows capture drivers for their RT.X100 and RT.X10 realtime boards. These drivers enable analog capture of RGB, YUY2 or DV/DVCAM using software other than the Media Tools or Premiere and the use of video conferencing tools.

Among the software tested with the new drivers are;

- Sonic Foundry Vegas Video
- Microsoft NetMeeting
- NCT AVI_IO
- VirtualDub
- Ulead MediaStudio Pro
- Ulead DVD Workshop
- Ulead DVD Movie Factory
- Yahoo Messenger
- Windows XP Movie Maker

I've found them useful in doing high quality keys using the RGB or YUY2 capture modes. DV keyers can deliver good quality, but in my experience troublesome sources require a higher quality source, which these drivers can provide.

Another interesting possibility these drivers allow is using programs like AVI_IO include capturing to DivX5, PICVideo MJPeg and other *.avi software capture codecs.

To get more info check the special notice on the RT.X100 official forum.

Terry Stetler

Moderator: Digital Media Net MediaStudio Pro forum

http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugindex.fcgi?forum=uleadmediastud...

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Matrox: RT.X100 & RT.X10 VfW capture drive
on Jan 10, 2003 at 8:48:05 pm

Very Cool! Have you had the chance to run MS Pro 7 Beta on your Matrox hardware? Thigs are getting VERY EXCITING!!!

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

Terry Stetler
Re: Matrox: RT.X100 & RT.X10 VfW capture drive
on Jan 10, 2003 at 10:13:37 pm

The RT.X100's VfW drivers work just fine with MSPro 7's capture tool, as does its generic IEEE-1394 device. This means you can capture just about any which-way you want.

So far using MSPro 7 on my RT.X100 system I've been able to capture:

RGB24 (Matrox), YUY2 (Matrox), DV/DVCAM (Matrox), M$DV type1 and type2 (Ulead), MPEG-1/2 (Ulead), Windows Media Video (Ulead), PICVideo MJPeg, DivX5 and just about every other software capture codec I can find.

What's also cool is that you can also export Matrox's DV/DVCAM codec from MSPro7. If you do this using type2 the resulting file will load right into Premiere 6.5 and work in realtime with the RT.X100 hardware. This can be nice for applying some of MSPro7's very cool new video filters for use in Premiere 6.5.

Of couse the only effects that can be used in MSPro7 from the RT.X100 are its organic wipes. This is because of the absense of RT drivers for MSPro7 from Matrox, which IMHO Matrox should get on the stick & develop. Ulead has created an RT SDK for developers so that isn't a hurdle.

As for Uleads other products; these drivers and the IEEE-1394 device also work with them. This means RT.X100 owners can capture either analog or DV footage directly into DVD MovieFactory or DVD Workshop for immediate processing into a DVD, SVCD or VCD if an edit isn't necessary.

Another side benefit: if your analog source happens to have a TV tuner in it (ex: a VCR) then you can also use your RT.X100 for time shifting.

Things are getting very exciting indeed.....

Terry Stetler

Moderator: Digital Media Net MediaStudio Pro forum

http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugindex.fcgi?forum=uleadmediastud...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]