FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual monitor, 1 or 2 graphic cards

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bogaertb
Dual monitor, 1 or 2 graphic cards
on Sep 5, 2009 at 10:17:56 am

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have a question about graphic cards in the PC. What is best when working with a dual monitor setup? One single graphic card supporting 2 screens or 2 graphic cards supporting a single monitor (if that still exists)? What about resources in the PC (IRQ and the like)?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Regards, Bart

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Dual monitor, 1 or 2 graphic cards
on Sep 6, 2009 at 12:38:24 pm

ahh the good old days of disabling printer ports and serial ports in BIOS.
IRQs are less than an issue verses 10-15 years ago. I.E. so you shouldn't have an IRQ conflict. Research APIC and you'll see why.

I think most video editors (using PC) use a dual head video card with at least 512k, but I suggest 1gb since they are cheap enough.
The videos editors put very little stress on a video card verses gamers so you really don't need a two card setup, but it is up to you.
*important note: if your program significantly utilizes your video card to render out animations or anything else you will want to use a recommended video card. also check out videoguys suggestions of video cards based on NLE programs.

Return to posts index

bogaertb
Re: Dual monitor, 1 or 2 graphic cards
on Sep 6, 2009 at 4:18:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback (I tend to think about matter that you had to consider in the 'older days - man, what is time going fast, it's not even 20 eyars ago...). In that case I tend to stick to a single (decent) graphic card. I've seen recommendations already in this forum that are helpfull in that area.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]