FORUMS: list search recent posts

Non RAID Boot + RAID 0

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DrPhoto
Non RAID Boot + RAID 0
on Jul 19, 2009 at 10:51:31 pm

Hello,
I've installed three internal disks on my new i7 build. As recommemded by the Videoguys, I planned to use one disk as a NON raid operating system only boot disk, and the other two disks to be configured as RAID 0 for my scratch drive.

I have VISTA x64, all disks detected by OS and BIOS, mobo P6tDeluxe v2.

I installed all disks at once and then put the O/S on system disk and attempted to create RAID 0 on the other two. When I set the BIOS to RAID, then CTRL+I to create the mirror, the OS fails to boot....I end up in a continuous restart cycle. Checking the BIOS shows my OS boot disk as being RAID.

Can't install Intel Storage Matrix software either(error: "system does not meet min req..."Wink .

Is there any way to achieve a non RAID boot disk on 1 drive(Raptor 300gb) + RAID 0 on the other two(WD 1TB) drives with my P6TDeluxeV2 mobo?

I'm worried that my Intel RAID controller(6 internal southbridge SATA ports) is either on or off with no way to break out the single O/S drive. Shocked

Any solution is greatly appreciated, even if an OS reinstall is required to achieve it.

Thanks,
Michael

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Non RAID Boot + RAID 0
on Jul 19, 2009 at 10:57:55 pm

The other option is to let Vista create the RAID in disk manager, rather than do it in the BIOS. The performance is about the same, but Windows understands it better.

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: Non RAID Boot + RAID 0
on Aug 12, 2009 at 2:50:20 pm

I have to ask. have you gone back to MOBO BIOS (not RAID BIOS) and verify which is the priority drive for boot up?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]