FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any comments on the Videum 1000 plus?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rebbie
Any comments on the Videum 1000 plus?
on Jan 4, 2003 at 3:40:45 am

I'm looking for an analog capture card. Does anyone have any comments on the Winnov Videum 1000 plus? Details are here:

http://www.winnov.com/products/capture/videum1000plus.htm

I've been using Pinnacle Studio 8 with a firewire card for importing and editing DV video but now I've got a lot of analog stuff to suck in. Rather than spending $ for the Pinnacle Studio Deluxe v8 -- and paying to buy the software again -- I thought I'd try getting a nice capture card with the money.

Has anyone else used this card? I'm pretty sure the files I import with it will be able to be read by Studio 8.

Suggestions appreciated!

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Any comments on the Videum 1000 plus?
on Jan 13, 2003 at 12:38:17 am

Hi there
I checked out the site. I have never heard of the card before but it sounds alright. It says that you can only capture up to 640 x 480 at 30 frames not fully uncompressd 720 x 480. I don't know if that makes a difference for you or not. While I was reading about this card it sounded to me like a card that you would have hooked up to a store servalance camera and captureing time lapse video stills to the hard drive, thats just the impression I got of this card. For the same price 249 you could get the Dazzle Hollywood DV-Bridge. I've never used the Hollywood DV-Bridge but I've heard some pretty good things about it. Perhaps you should call videoguys and see what they reccommend. The viddium 100plus did sould like an alright card, just I've never heard of them before so don't know about how their reputation is on product compatibility or tech support. I wouldn't rule out that card, but I would also look around at other cards and ask what other peoples experiences have been with some of the other cards.
Good Luck
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]