FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture device for Live event video

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rockin' R
Capture device for Live event video
on Jul 17, 2009 at 12:38:25 am

All right, I've looked through the post and haven't found anything that helps me out so here I am.

I'm the video editor for a small production company that videos live dance recitals and other such programs we use 3-5 cameras and a datalink mixer. Most of the time we are projecting the mixed video on screens and selling DVD's of the event. What I'm looking for is a bullit proof capture device that will deliver quality video reliably and consistantly. I have an AMD athlon 4000+ that will be dedicated to this purpose however upgrading is an option. Currently we run composite signal however the mixer can out put to s-video and componet. the device could be external or internal. I use CS4 for editing and would like to use onlocation for capture unless there is something better. At this point nothing is set in stone execept CS4. I have tried MiniDV cams and ADS Pyro devices the Pyro was ok but died mid event. Budget is fairly open so let me hear what you recomend and why.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Capture device for Live event video
on Jul 17, 2009 at 8:34:40 am

Grass Valley ADVC110 is thebest DV converter around.
http://www.videoguys.com/Brand/Grass+Valley.aspx'>
http://www.videoguys.com/Brand/Grass+Valley.aspx

Gary

Return to posts index

Rockin' R
Experiment?
on Jul 19, 2009 at 6:22:01 pm

Has anyone ever experimented with a A/D comverter box and firewire recorder hard drive? Seems like it would be a neat way to capture from an analog source without the need for a PC.
Or does anyone know of a good quality hdd recorder that will capture an analog signal, I see alot of these on ebay targeting the home media market but i have my doughts as to the quality.

Return to posts index

rheine
Re: Capture device for Live event video
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:08:22 am

New answer to an old ost. Hope it can help someone.
We do a lot of remote webcasting of live events. We use Dazzle hardware by Pinnacle for A/D via USB to WMV on our ddicated Windows Media server which also archives the stream. . Don't think you can get HD with this setup unless you encode with Expression 3 or similar encoder but we don't have a lot of pipeline at these event centers. Even then you would be going AV to HD. The dazzle has worked very well for years now. People on location also plug the feed into a DVD recorder and pop out discs.
Rick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]