FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating web video from rt2000

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TomFriedmann
creating web video from rt2000
on Jun 18, 2009 at 11:11:20 am

Several years back I was actively editing, bought rt2000 from Videoguys. I'm now dusting that equipment off trying to create web video. Can I upload my hi-8 footage and create a .mov or .wmv file of my final project; how?

Alternately, I'm thinking of doing something as simple as using Windows Movie Maker to get started with some simple stuff. Can I get my Hi-8 analog footage into my newer laptop without installing a video card? Are there cables to get from s-video to whatever input laptops are taking these days (firewire, usb); and will the laptop ingest it or do I need a video card to convert it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: creating web video from rt2000
on Jun 21, 2009 at 1:28:25 am

you need a device to convert your video from analog signal to a digital video format file. (your RT2000 hardware) unless your camera has a firewire output... but I doubt it.
once it is in. edit with any video editing program that suits you. once you finished editing.. output your video into a AVI file.
then find a program to convert your AVI file to flash or mp4/h.264. there are plenty of freeware version out there. go to download.com and do a key word search for it and find the most popular/reviewed program and you are ready to be a youtube sensation. (i'd stay away from all the spam posting recommendations found on this forum for the conversion programs that say "to web video". but that is my 2 cents)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]