FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Card for Vista 64 - I Jumped without looking, Help!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cgcarter
Capture Card for Vista 64 - I Jumped without looking, Help!
on Jun 15, 2009 at 3:31:02 am

Hello all.

My current setup is a MSI G31M MoBo with an Intel Q6600 @2.40 GHz. I had wanted to do some video work with this, importing some vintage home videos on VHS (analog), but have as of yet found a capture card that is compatable.

I am familiar with and own the Grass Valley ADVC-110, but feel that it does not provide enough control over sound and video tends to be on the soft side....

I will be using some high end JVC Prosumer VHS Decks, but have found no way to import the analog signal, except by using the Grass Valley Product.

Has anyone had luck finding a capture card to work with a similar system...Should I start over...go with XP and a I7 intel processor?

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate the assistance in advance.

Chris

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: Capture Card for Vista 64 - I Jumped without looking, Help!
on Jun 23, 2009 at 5:57:20 pm

Hi

If you like Grass Valley products you may like the Edius NX card, is compatible with vista 64

http://desktop.grassvalley.com/products/EDIUSNX/index.php

It has S-video/RCA and miniplug audio i/O. GV also has other cards for home users/entry level but it works only on Xp.

Return to posts index

sokalski
Video capture
on Jul 26, 2010 at 8:44:11 pm

I am using a Hauppauge PVR-1212 to capture HD 1080i Dolby 5.1 video from my DirecTV DVR to a computer hard disk. It also has pass through capability too. It also has analog inputs for S-video and composite and stereo audio. It runs on a Vista-64 Ultimate system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]