FORUMS: list search recent posts

THANK YOU VIDEOGUYS! DIY7 outlook...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gray
THANK YOU VIDEOGUYS! DIY7 outlook...
on Jun 4, 2009 at 7:28:42 pm

Alright, I'm ready to go DIY7 after 4 great years out of my DIY5. Must make way for HD and Blu-Ray now.

I have a couple questions still:

1.) The Antec case in the DIY7 is a mid-tower, yet I'm a fan of the full tower to allow more space for everything a cooler conditions. I've chosen the Apevia X-Jupiter G-Type instead but I'd like to get your thoughts on the differences.

2.) I'm still uncertain whether I need a soundcard. I do a lot of video work and would like the option to do voice over work and I want great audio while I'm working. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the capabilities of the ASUS onboard audio, but is there a card recommendation for the DIY7?

3.) DIY7 recommends the Pioneer BD drive, I plan on getting an LG (GGW0H20L)--any problems with that?

I will configure as follows:

APEVIA X-JUPITER G-Type Full Tower
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Intel Core i7 920
Corsair XMS3 (12GB)
Western Digital Caviar black 1TB (x3) - I don't RAID
LG BD Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 285
Corsair CMPSU 750X
Acer X223wbd 22" monitors (x2)
Logitech MX3200 board/mouse

AND I will going with Vegas pro 9.

Could you guys provide any constructive advice on this set up?

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: THANK YOU VIDEOGUYS! DIY7 outlook...
on Jun 5, 2009 at 9:24:18 pm

my 1.5 cents.
1. cases are personal preferences. I bought a CoolerMaster and like it. the power supply is on the bottom. the top is a mesh so excess heat can seep out. the HDD are mounted differently for easy removal. a screwless case is nice too.
2. not sure about sound. I think onboard is just fine. I bring my audio in from USB port or my Converter box. I suppose some high fidelity guy will tell you onboard is the worst way to go... As long as it is compatible with your programs and software, you should be ok. you can always by a card later.
3. I bought the LG, but have yet to burn a Video blu-ray. But what I have used it for works fine. I paid about 150 from newegg.

my only 2 cents... how many SATA connections does the ASUS board use? How many will you use or plan to use. My gigabyte is 8 and I am using 7 right now. (Plus, I love the rear SATA pots w/ power connection.... pop on a hard drive... pop off a hear drive VERY SIMPLE)

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
on Jun 9, 2009 at 10:30:37 pm

The ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 has 6 sata ports and for me, 3 will be 1TB hard drives and another for the Pioneer burner.

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
on Jun 18, 2009 at 12:54:53 am

All components came in and I'll be picking up my new build in the morning. Shop says all is running fine, just updating. Yes, I have a shop build the work computers---protects me in the long run if something goes wrong.

Very excited about using the i7 with 12GB of DDR3 1600Mhz. Also received my Sony Vegas Pro 9 from Videoguys. Its killing me just sitting here looking at my software, monitors, speakers and board/mouse but have no rig yet. 16 more hours...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]