FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox & DIY7

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Blakewood
Matrox & DIY7
on Apr 5, 2009 at 6:09:53 pm

I am getting ready to build a DIY7 system for the rt.x2 and i have a few questions.

1) In the past you have recommended that Matrox users go with video cards from ATI. Is that still the best choice?

2) Your article mentions the possibility of 24GB of memory but I couldn't find more than 12GB with the recommended memory? Any ideas where / how to get a 24GB system?

3) I was thinking about purchasing the G-Tech G-SPEED eS 2 or 4TB storage. You sell these with a PCIe card. Do I need the PCIe card if I purchase the recommended Asus MB? It appears that the MB has one eSATA port - will that be sufficient for the G-tech eS systems?

Thanks
Ben

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Matrox & DIY7
on Apr 6, 2009 at 2:05:18 am

If you go to this link on the matrox site you can see their graphic card test results http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/rtx2/design/computer/mvrtx2le/result...

We expect to see 4GB DDR3 RAM sticks soon. For now 2GB is what we could find. we took our customers advice and added an addition 3x2GB for $100

The GSpeed PCIe card is not just an eSata card, it's a hardware RAID card. That's what lets you configure them as a RAID5

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]