FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which software to use?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fp1
Which software to use?
by
on Mar 8, 2009 at 9:41:10 pm

Total newbee here. I am creating training videos. I have captured and edited a few videos with Camtasia Studio. Now I need a software to create video CD or DVD with menu buttons linked to the different videos. Is this what is called DVD authoring? Please list a few different software titles that I could use to do this. What are some simple inexpensive software titles? Can this be done with Nero or Roxio type software? What are some mid-range priced semi-pro titles. I have a DVD burner but it didn't come with any software so I can't even burn a simple data CD right now.

Return to posts index

fp1
Re: Which software to use?
by
on Mar 15, 2009 at 2:35:08 am

bump

any suggestions at all?

Return to posts index

Matt Gray
on Mar 15, 2009 at 5:56:22 pm

For years I've used a method of editing in Pinnacle Studio and then using Nero to create my DVDs.

In doing this, I would render my Studio product as an .avi file and then import that into Nero. In Nero you can do some editing to the menu which provides "buttons" to select which clips you want to show. This has been pretty basic and simple to do.

I am, however, growing tired of the simple menus and look for an upgrade to make interactive menus. But for what you're talking about I would look into creating DVDs in Nero. (you can do this with Roxio too, I'm just familiar with DVD stuff on Nero).

Return to posts index

fp1
by
on Mar 21, 2009 at 1:43:20 am

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear you say that Nero has some of this capability. I have a feeling that after 20 or 30 technical videos I might need a program with more capability but for now I think it will be good enough to get started so I will pick up a copy of Nero soon. Thanks again for replying.

Return to posts index

jeffcss
on Mar 27, 2009 at 2:52:18 am

You can download free trials of Premiere Elements and/or Sony Vegas Movie Studio. These are inexpensive scaled down versions. If you use one of these and then decide you need more you could upgrade to the "Pro" version with very little learning curve.

Return to posts index

Trenna
on Feb 11, 2010 at 4:01:49 pm

I do this a lot and use Powerpoint to create slides which I make into menus (from jpgs) buttons and insert video in appropriate places and go on to other menus.

I have used camtasia but I use Sony Vegas to get it DVD compliant and then use Sony DVD Architect to create a DVD file.

My FAVORITE burner is the free ImgBurn reduced to 4X . I haven't made any coasters from using this set up and NERO has caused me a lot of problems.

Return to posts index

maccon
on Feb 13, 2010 at 6:24:03 pm

Actually, i've been using iSharesoft DVD creator, it works well for me, i can convert the most popular formats video to a DVD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]