FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY 7 - Up and Running!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
DIY 7 - Up and Running!
on Mar 4, 2009 at 8:54:29 pm

DIY7 Update 3/4/09

Now that Adobe CS4, Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas support Vista 64 we think the time has come to see how they run on the latest hardware.

Our DIY7 machine is up and running geat. THIS BABY SMOKES!!! We used the following parts:

* Intel i7 920 processor (Quad-core, hyperthreaded)
* Asus P6T Deluxe X58 based motherboard
* 6GB Corsair RAM (6GB total: 3 x 2Gb sticks) running triple channel
* Vista 64 Business
* 1TB System Drive
* G-Speed eS 2TB w/ PCIe card for media storage
* QuadroFX 1700 (we will be testing a new QuadroCX card shortly)

So far we are running Adobe Production Premium CS4 and the results are amazing. We will be installing the new Media Composer 3.5 software later this week.

We hope to have our article published in in aweek or two. It will be one of the first new featured articles on the new Videoguys website! http://www.hdvideoguys.com/

It was the new website that caused many of the delays in our DIY7 prject. The same IT team that builds our DIY machines does our internal IT support and was heavily involved in the launch of our new site.

[size=18:7cf95c17ca]Check out our new website!! http://www.hdvideoguys.com/

We will be ready to launch our new & improved web site soon but it is up and running now! Check it out, register & even place a secure online order today and receive a $10 coupon for your next purchase!

Gary

Return to posts index

unnamed
DIY 7
on Mar 7, 2009 at 3:52:59 pm

Hi i just build a system like yours, a month ago, but i put a sapphire 4870 1Gb, do you thing is good enough

Regards
Nuno

Return to posts index

Randyproduction
Re: DIY 7 - Up and Running!
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:36:55 pm

Hi guys
any luck with MC 3.5 running on your DIY 7
I can not capture over 1394 on mine -runnig vista 64
RD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>