FORUMS: list search recent posts

OK -- I'm building the ASUS p6t machine

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
billmatthiesn
OK -- I'm building the ASUS p6t machine
on Feb 24, 2009 at 2:21:46 am

Hi folks ... I'm gonna go ahead and build the ASUS P6T quad-core machine that everyone seems to be talking about ... the rest of the components will arrive in a couple days.

So this'll be the P6T deluxe board ... the Intel i7 920 processor ... 12 gigs of DDR3 1333 ram ... Vista Business 64 ... Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 case ... Enermax Infiniti 720 watt power supply ... 1TB barracuda system drive ... (4) additional 1TB drives, set up in two Raid 0 pairs for project files and exporting ... Adobe Creative Suite 4 ... Matrox RTX2-LE card ... Quadro FX1700 display card for the two monitors ... and Sony Optiarc 22x DVD burner. The parts run about $3200, not counting the Adobe software.

I'm hoping to videotape the build process, so that other folks can see the details of putting this together. This will be my first computer build -- so if I can do it, then others should also be able to manage it.

I'm not planning to overclock this -- just use standard stuff and hope for nice integration and stability of all the components. I'll keep you posted.

Bill Matthiesen ... Berkshire Film & Video ... Lanesboro, MA

Return to posts index

Evan Newsome
Re: OK -- I'm building the ASUS p6t machine
on Feb 24, 2009 at 3:20:55 am

Just curious-- why 1TB for the OS drive?

Return to posts index

billmatthiesn
TB system drive
on Feb 24, 2009 at 3:27:51 am

Of course you're right -- it easily could be smaller. But I'm hoping to use the machine for 3-4 years, and it just seems like the programs get bigger and bigger all the time. I could have saved a few bucks here ... but I'm just building in options for unknown future expansions of the "who knows what" variety.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]