FORUMS: list search recent posts

DIY7 Update

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Bettan
DIY7 Update
on Dec 22, 2008 at 2:43:02 pm

Now that Adobe CS4, Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas support Vista 64 we think the time has come to see how they run on the latest hardware.

Our next DIY machine DIY7 will use the Intel i7 processor on a new X58 based motherboard (Asus P6T Deluxe) running triple channel memory (6GB total: 3 x 2Gb sticks). We hope to have the machine up and running and opurt article published in January.

Gary

Return to posts index

mike411
DIY7
on Jan 14, 2009 at 3:41:30 pm

When can we expect to see the results? Are you using the new CX card from Nvidia?

Return to posts index

lynn125
Re: DIY7 Update
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:40:06 pm

Man you "Guys" have got me checking this site everyday for your new build!

Especially interested to see how it would stack up against the xeon (single or dual) cpu builds for avids studio composer 3.

btw, do you think the win7 is going to make that much difference in term of speed and stability?

Return to posts index

unnamed
DIY 7
on Jan 30, 2009 at 1:15:07 pm

when it wiil came out this review?, what graphic you will be use
Very Happy can't wait to know it

Return to posts index

lynn125
on Feb 4, 2009 at 2:09:37 am

Hey Videoguys,
Can we get an update on your DYI? How's it going? Any problems?
Throw us a bone! Laughing

Return to posts index

unnamed
DIT 7
on Feb 4, 2009 at 8:02:52 pm

How long it will take to get outside your DIY 7, i'm anxious to see, to buy

regards

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Feb 5, 2009 at 10:39:14 am

sorry for delays. Out tech team not only builds the DIY machines, we do tech support and we are the IT dept for the company. Some internal IT issues have taken a lot of our time the past couple of weeks. DIY7 is still a top priority, but keeping the shop running is even more important!

Hang in there. Hopefully we'll have it posted in a week or two.

So far several users have followed our posted recipe: Asus P6T, 3 x 2GB corsair memory, i7 920 CPU. They are reporting great success with Avid, Adobe, Matrox RT.X2, Sony Vegas and more!

Return to posts index

unnamed
DIY 7
on Feb 18, 2009 at 9:43:09 am

Must be almost out the new configuration

Can't wait

Best regards

Return to posts index

jstudio
on Feb 20, 2009 at 10:13:25 pm

Hey Gary,

How's it going? Any problems with DIY7?

THX,
Razvan

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Feb 24, 2009 at 4:15:20 pm

Thank you all for your patience. No problems witht he DIY build so far. We are in the testing phase with our NLEs.

Our tech guys have been busy doing additional projects beyond DIY. The biggest is our all new website which we hope to roll out early March!!

Gary

Return to posts index

lpollis
on Mar 12, 2009 at 3:35:55 pm

I guess the website is now going to be sometime in the remainder of March! But still waiting on the DIY-7 updates! Can someone at least give some indication of what video card will/may be recommended for Premiere CS4? I am building my next system based on the 'recipe' but I am still not sure what to purchase for output to the monitor.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Mar 12, 2009 at 6:28:21 pm

we are going with the QuadroFX1700 card. It's been a real workhorse for us. Especially with AE.

We've had several customers follow our build with the latest 1GB ATi Radeon and nVidia FX cards - all reporting good results.

We will be testing the QuadroCX card wih it's CUDA acceleration next month. At around $2K, it's not for everyone.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]