FORUMS: list search recent posts

analog capture

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FrankieV
analog capture
on Oct 13, 2002 at 5:29:18 pm

I'm capturing analog video from a VCR through a Matrox RT2500. It captures fine and I can play it through Adobe Premier, but when I import it into DVDIT I can't burn it to DVD. The error message says that the data rate is too high. If anyone out there is using the same setup for analog could you please post the settings in Adobe for this situation. I have a feeling my capture settings are wrong.
Thank you.
Frank

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: analog capture
on Oct 13, 2002 at 5:52:03 pm

What are your capture settings?

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 13, 2002 at 10:13:35 pm

Yeah, what capture mode are you using, MPEG2 I-frame? If you are and are trying to import this video directly into DVDit, then DVDit isn't smart enough to know that you've got the wrong MPEG2 format for DVD.

After you finish editing your video, you'll have to transcode the video into MPEG2 IBP format. While you can use Matrox's IBP export, most users agreed that the video quality was not as good as the Ligos LSX-MPEG plugin, which is what I used to use, even though it's very time consuming. The bitrate should be set according to the bitrate graph in Appendix B of your user guide, dependent on the length of video you wish to fit onto your DVD. If you have DVDit PE, you can use a higher bitrate setting, as the graph is based on PCM audio at 1600 kb/sec. Dolby Digital AC3 audio is typically set at 192 kb/sec, so you can either add more video or digitize the video at a higher rate. If you're using Matrox's IBP export, then try a lower setting, as peak bitrates can easily exceed the setting value.

Return to posts index

FrankieV
on Oct 14, 2002 at 12:40:03 am

Thank you. I'm gonna need some hand holding with this. I see that everything has to be just perfect for the transfer and burning to work properly. So I'm exporting from Premier right now using the Matrox IBP export and I see that time remaining is "6 hours". Is this normal for a big file? Is there a simpler method than capturing in Premier, and exporting to DVDit PE to author and burn.
I appreciate your patience with this beginner.
Frank

Return to posts index

FrankieV
on Oct 14, 2002 at 1:52:46 pm

Thanks. Taking your advice, I exported using IBP rather than trying to import into DVDit and i was able to burn a dvd. So I guess the way to get to the final step to burning a dvd is to;
1- Capture in MPEG2 I-frame
2- Edit in Premier
3- Export using IBP export
4- Author and burn in DVD it
Is that correct?
Frank

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 15, 2002 at 5:20:33 am

Yup, that's the process. Sorry that it takes so long. That's why I upgraded to an RT.X100, which does realtime export.

Return to posts index

FrankieV
on Oct 16, 2002 at 3:29:19 am

Thanks John.
Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]