FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this a deal? If so, what should I upgrade for video editi

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MACDSE
Is this a deal? If so, what should I upgrade for video editi
on Nov 21, 2008 at 10:54:25 pm

I am new here Surprised ops:

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I will give it a shot.

I saw a pc on ebay roughly 400 dollars give or take.

My question is, if you were on a budget, what would you upgrade on this?

I need a pc for video editing nothing too fancy and nothing over 10 minutes for youtube persay. I dont have a cam corder so I dont need anything for that. All I need is a pc that will handle and render some small 3d transitions on occassion. No real high resolution stuff videos will be rendered to 640 x 480. I hope I am making my self clear. I make boxing videos but not on any commercial level, just for fun with Sony Vegas.

Again, what would be the bare minimum you would recomend I upgrade?

Thank you for your time and remember I am on a budget.
Surprised ops:

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: Is this a deal? If so, what should I upgrade for video editi
on Nov 24, 2008 at 4:47:16 pm

Hi

I'm not a fan of AMD, but it looks fine as it is. Use Vista 64 bit edition + Vegas 8 . Just add a second drive for system (200 Gb is ok).

In case u want to upgrade the video card you'd have to upgrade the power supply too... but this si completely optional.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Seaking
Re: Is this a deal? If so, what should I upgrade for video e
on Nov 25, 2008 at 1:14:32 pm

MACDSE: I am new here Surprised ops:

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I will give it a shot.

I saw a pc on ebay roughly 400 dollars give or take.

My question is, if you were on a budget, what would you upgrade on this?

I need a pc for video editing nothing too fancy and nothing over 10 minutes for youtube persay. I dont have a cam corder so I dont need anything for that. All I need is a pc that will handle and render some small 3d transitions on occassion. No real high resolution stuff videos will be rendered to 640 x 480. I hope I am making my self clear. I make boxing videos but not on any commercial level, just for fun with Sony Vegas.

Again, what would be the bare minimum you would recomend I upgrade?

Thank you for your time and remember I am on a budget.
Surprised ops:

The only thing I see negative on this system is the "onboard" stuff.. video and audio on the motherboard, not seperate cards.. thusly the mobo / cpu takes all the load which may result in sub par work *if* you're capturing.. but if you're only converting video (not capturing), then just about anything will do.. but for captures, you'd want to avoid these all in one MoBos...

Best of luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]