FORUMS: list search recent posts

For video High School Sports – How about a Canon XH A1?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
poordirtfarmer
For video High School Sports – How about a Canon XH A1?
on Nov 18, 2008 at 9:56:44 pm

I’ve been volunteered by my daughter to videotape the girls varsity soccer team’s games, so I’m looking to upgrade from my Sony Digital 8. Not that my Digital 8 is bad – to the contrary, it does fairly well at night under lights it’s (better than our small Canon DV) , but the toggle-switch electric zoom is not easily controlled. I have found myself messing up so often (missing the larger view + jerky focal length changes) that now I pretty much leave it at near wide angle. The coach uses selections from every soccer game as a teaching tool for the players. I suspect that at times the players have trouble analyzing their moves and I’d like to give coach better quality DVDs to work with. I’m thinking that a professional-worthy camera would provide better low-light quality, smoother zooms, and better detail.

I’m thinking of a Canon XH A1. Does anyone have experience using this camera to capture sports where the activity of interest moves quickly to and from the camera? Besides a smooth zoom, good performance under lights is important also. Most games are at night. Would the Canon XH A1 be a good choice?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]