FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any card for work and play?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JDizzle
Any card for work and play?
on Sep 10, 2008 at 5:45:27 am

I am interested in putting together the DIY6 PC...well, actually I was going to follow the specs given by sebrame, any way...I want to use either the Radeon HD2600XT, Nvidia Quadro FX 1700, or the Nvidia Quadro FX 3700(but not if I dont have to because of the price), but I was wondering which one of these would run the Adobe Master Collection as well as be a solid gamer card. Is there a card out there, even if not one of these three, that could be used for work and play? Everywhere I have read they all say that a solid gamer card and a solid editing card does not exist, but I was wondering what you all thought.

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: Any card for work and play?
on Sep 10, 2008 at 5:02:42 pm

I read several posts in newegg.com about quadro cards working great with games but they are far more expensive. If u buy one, choose one compatible with DirectX 10, but i recommed u to check these posts.

Radeon cards are cheaper and have good performance with gaming, the HD2xxx series get too hot and give an average perfomance, the HD3870 is a very good card (is the equivalent to Nvidia's 8800 GT) and the HD4850 best among ATI's cards.

I currently work/play with a Radeon HD3870, and have high settings with Never Winter Nights 2, The Witcher and Team Fortress 2. My only complain is that in OpenGL mode After Effects crashes, so I have to use Adaptive Resolution all the time (but previews are quick in quad core).

OpenGL in after effects works only with 3D layers, otherwise is not such a big thing.

Radeon cards works also with Edius Pro/Broadcast, Liquid and Matrox products.
Nvidia is recomeneded for most adobe products.

Feel free to ask.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]