FORUMS: list search recent posts

XP pro 64 Bit

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
merockyw
XP pro 64 Bit
on Aug 18, 2008 at 8:20:48 pm

I am building a new PC for video and photo editing. I use Premeire CS3 and Photoshot CS3. It will be a duel quad on a tyan board. I know Video Guys recomends XP Pro only but what abour XP 64 bit? Will this work for Adobe editing also. Thanks

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: XP pro 64 Bit
on Sep 22, 2008 at 12:30:08 am

You need to make sure your new motherboard has all the drivers for whatever O/S you are going to use. Personally I had better luck with Vista 64 than XP 64 and I am using Photoshop and After Effects CS3.

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: XP pro 64 Bit
on Sep 22, 2008 at 6:21:30 pm

I recently built a machine with XP x64, I had little problems with drivers and uses less memory by default than Vista. BTW you will need a 64 bit compatible antivirus (like avast pro or norton for win xp x64).

I use it for photoshop and after effects CS3 too, and it works great! Buy as much ram u can afford/ the motherboard supports (4 GB at least).

For what I read XP x64 won't get much support in the future, i'd recomend it only if you are going to capture using a firewire port and don't plan to add extra hardware and want to skip Vista at all.

Vista is getting more support lately, and all certified drivers must have both 32 and 64 bit version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]