FORUMS: list search recent posts

PC reboots when selecting 'composite' capture RTX100

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
segpie
PC reboots when selecting 'composite' capture RTX100
on Aug 5, 2008 at 4:36:18 pm

I'm at a loss for why my PC is rebooting when I select the 'composite' option to capture VHS video using the Matrox RTX100 card? I've had this set-up for years now and the last time I captured VHS video in this fashion I had no problems at all! As soon as I select 'composite' and hit the 'OK' button my PC reboots. No blue screen and no warning, it just immediately reboots? My PC hasn't changed since the last time I captured VHS video either. I'm using windows XP, 2gigs ram, Adobe Premier Pro 2, Pentium4, 2.6ghz and lots of hard drive space. All drivers, bios flashing etc is up to date. Power supply is 500watts. What I did notice is I can't 'see' the Matrox card listed any where in the Device manager? I tried to uninstall the drivers no change. Upgraded the Matrox drivers, no change. Removed the card and unistalled the drivers and the system did NOT detect 'new hardware' after re-installing the card and rebooting?
Running out of ideas. Is the card fried? Is there a way that I can check this? Maybe if I try to capture DV (I haven't tried that yet?) Any opions?

If the card is fried can you guys suggest one I could buy which doesn't have all the 'bells and whisles' the Matrox card has.
I do this for fun and need to Capture DV and VHS. Your guidance is appreciated.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

segpie
Re: PC reboots when selecting 'composite' capture RTX100
on Aug 8, 2008 at 8:34:31 pm

I just tested if I could capture video via the 'firewire' Matrox card port and it works just fine in Adobe PPro. So why can't I activate the 'composite' selection without the PC shutting down?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]