FORUMS: list search recent posts

video card questions for DiY 6

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
satmuis
video card questions for DiY 6
on Jul 22, 2008 at 10:57:37 am

By reading all the topics about DIY system. I have a question how is the budget videocard picked for a DIY system.

1. Is this the latest video card for the gamers (ATI or nVidia)?
Because every half year ATI and nVidia are bringing a new model to the market. Or is here also a price limit set?

2. I am orientating for which card I should use because they are in the same price range?
Quadro FX570
nVidia 9600
ATI 4850

I am using now Adobe software and ulead for quick editing.

Thanks for your answers

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
Re: video card questions for DiY 6
on Jul 22, 2008 at 4:28:04 pm

I'm not sure to understand your question. But a budget is done based on needs, the DIY is just a guideline (very useful BTW).

In your case, your needs are: Adobe and Ulead. But, what else? Any 3D aplications? heavy After Effects usage? HD resolutions? Lot of encoding? gaming? specific plug ins?

If you only work with premiere (dv files) and photoshop a mid-range is just enough (nvidia 8600 or Radeon 3450).

Maybe with s little more info I could help.

Return to posts index

Ralph Pritchard
Best Card for After Effects as of October 2008
on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:13:46 pm

I am running an NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600 and I don't seem to be getting the increased performance that I expected I would and I have selected all the OpenGL options in AE and Nvidia.

I have dual quad core XEON 2.66mhz with 12gb Ram running XT, a 10,000 rpm Raptor boot drive with additional 2 - 320gb SATA 2 drives. My monitor is a 30" Dell running at 2560x1600 but even when I drop the resolution I don't seem to pick up any speed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]