FORUMS: list search recent posts

rt x2 le

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
martin magill
rt x2 le
on Jun 21, 2008 at 5:33:51 pm

hello new to this forum looking for advice at the monent i have a intel core 2 duo e6600 2.4gh processor looking to add matrox rt x2 le card
would like to know what processor would be best the one above or intel quad 2 core for s/d hd editing thanking you martin magill

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: rt x2 le
on Jun 24, 2008 at 4:19:20 am

Some video editing software will use multiple cores, some won't. You should check the recommended specs for the software you are going to use.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Jun 27, 2008 at 6:09:02 pm

Matrox has a very good list of recommended motherboards for the RTX2 LE on their website.

We are running the RTX2 le GREAT inour DIY 6 machine http://www.videoguys.com/DIY6.html

Gary

Return to posts index

filmfan214
rt.x2 le question for the Videoguys
on Jul 7, 2008 at 6:36:42 pm

I saw in the Videoguys FAQ on the RT.X2 that the you "could not match the real-time performance of the Radeon card with a Quadro FX <1700> until we installed the thousand-dollar Quadro FX 3700". I bought a Quadro FX 1700 thinking I would not buy the matrox, but I may now be at the point of buying it.

What kind of difference - quantitative or qualitative - was there between the Quadro and the Radeon cards when used with the RT.X2 LE? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alex Cantu
on Jul 9, 2008 at 6:07:58 pm

Matrox originally designed the RTx2 card to work with Radeon cards instead of nVidia, that's why u'll see a better performance.

Though nVidia cards work better with Adobe products, and you'll get a better perfomance from a Quadro card on a software only station than on a Matrox based.

To be more specific, CPU and Matrox cards handle the video streams, encoding, decoding, resizing, DVE; and Gpu handles filters and transitions. Matrox has its own library of RT filters and transitions and were written to work with Radeon cards. nVidia cards can do the job but the code is not optimized to work with them, but still u get a great general performance when using GPU transitions.
And if you use After Effects a lot then the Quadro 1700 was a good purchase.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]