FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Help with Capturing live multiple camera soucres......

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
boxingrob
Need Help with Capturing live multiple camera soucres......
on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:52:19 am

I would like to know if there is any software that would enable me to record a live band. I would like to set up 3 or more cams and record the Audio/Video at the same time then later on make a DVD project utilizing the multiple cam sources already recorded.

Has anybody done anything like this before? Where should I start?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

jeffcss
Re: Need Help with Capturing live multiple camera soucres......
on Jul 1, 2008 at 7:35:27 am

Actually this is done a lot. If you have help I would setup one camera stationary and manually control the other two. If it is only you I would setup two and manually control one.

You might need to setup a better audio capture depending on how good the audio is on your cameras and how close you can get.

With Sony Vegas there is multicam editing and a couple of third party addons to help with that. I am sure other NLEs have features to do that too.

You can easily put all three video clips on the time line and by just doing simple cuts you can switch between the three views. Or you can chop up the video and resize in places to show all three video streams side by side or picture in picture.

Just takes a little practice and some imagination.

Return to posts index

boxingrob
on Jul 5, 2008 at 1:35:53 pm

So I could just use 3 regular camcorders, make 3 different avi files and then place those into a timeline cut and sync them to the audio huh?

Return to posts index

jeffcss
on Jul 5, 2008 at 3:24:58 pm

Yes.

Don't forget things like 1 video stream fills the screen then maybe 1 stream scaled smaller appears in the top left, then another appears bottom left. You can do all sorts things like that with multiple videos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]