FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Utility For X100?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leebo
Capture Utility For X100?
on Aug 24, 2002 at 3:21:52 am

I am stil pondering wether to purchase this card (this time I'm taking my time).
I was wondering: Being that we're in the 21st century, and it's been more than 30 years since man walked on the Moon...

Do capture card manufacturers (specifically the Matrox X100) ship utilities to work around the 4GB limit?

Or will I still have to use a third party utility like Scenalizer?

I realize 2001 came and went and still no Hal, but...

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Capture Utility For X100?
on Aug 24, 2002 at 3:45:48 am

Since you need to install it in either Win2k or XP (XP is preferable), you'll format your drives in NTFS, where there is no filesize limit. I had my RT2000 creating large files, after I converted to Windows 2000 and NTFS drive formatting.

The limit was a function of the operating system, Windows 9x, and the FAT32 file structure.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Aug 24, 2002 at 2:33:56 pm

The RTX.100 does not have a problem with this. They use seamless capture, up to the capacity of your hard d rive. Teh RTX.100 has a really cool single passs capture utility that will automatically split your video into segemnts while capturing. This is done on the fly. Your camcorder is never paused or shuttled. Everytime you stopped the DV cam while recording, you'll get a new scene. This is a very cool utility and I've got a screen shot of it on my hands on review http://videoguys.com/RTX100review.html

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

leebo
on Aug 24, 2002 at 3:47:35 pm

Since I still need Win98 for other things, I'll be dual booting.
And Win98 can't access NTFS, so no, I won't be converting to it.

Return to posts index

leebo
on Aug 24, 2002 at 3:49:13 pm

Thats the reply I was hoping for!

Next: Vacations on the Moon!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]